II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, birth date, and credit card or similar information («personal information»)
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you visit, interact and navigate through the Website.
III. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
You are not required to provide personal information. We will only collect such information when it is voluntarily provided to us on the Website, by email or through some other format. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by making donations to us.
- Information that you provide by signing up to receive our newsletter.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
IV. INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about how certain social media users access and interact with our Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, Internet Service Provider, platform type, referral source, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our visitor size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection consists of analytical tracking technologies and also may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
V. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, including handling and/or collection of donations.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
VI. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, such as to process donations.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
IP addresses are unique numeric identifiers that are assigned to each browser accessing the Internet. An IP address, by itself, cannot identify you personally. However, when combined with other information provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your IP address can be used to identify the computer accessing the Website. Under certain circumstances, recipients, their legal representatives, and/ or law enforcement authorities may be able to combine this with information disclosed by ISPs to determine the source of a particular communication. By using this Website, you knowingly and voluntarily assume any risks associated with such disclosure.
VII. PROCESSING OF DONATIONS
VIII. REFUND POLICY
IX. STATEMENT FOR US TAX-PAYER DONORS
Our application for tax exempt status is pending approval with the IRS. Donations made at this will be tax deductible if the IRS grants us tax exempt status. If our application is denied, donations will not be tax deductible and we will not grant a refund. Donors will be provided with a year-end donation receipt confirming our status and the eligibility of their donations to be tax deductible.
X. OUR DO NOT TRACK POLICY
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals.
XI. THIRD-PARTY LINKS AND SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
XII. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
XIII. DATA RETENTION
We keep information relating to you such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, partial credit card numbers in our database permanently, unless you request that it is removed. You will be able to exercise the rights of:
- Access to the information collected, to know what personal data the administrator of the Website has.
- Rectification of the information, which makes it possible to correct errors, to modify data that are inaccurate or incomplete and to ensure the certainty of the information.
- Opposition to the use of the information, so that it does not carry out data processing.
- Request for a copy of the information, so that the User can obtain a copy of the personal data he has provided on the website in order to be able to transmit them to other services.
- Removal of collected information, which allows inappropriate or excessive data to be deleted.To request access, rectification, opposition, copy or removal of your information you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
XIV. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
This Website is not directed at children 13 years of age or younger. We, therefore, shall not intentionally collect information about any user under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
XV. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
XVI. LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING FOR EUROPEAN USERS
If you are an individual in the European Union, we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). The legal basis may depend on the type of information and how you use the Website. If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer receiving communications or utilizing certain features on the Website. We are not required to have a data protection officer, so any questions about our use of your personal data or related requests should be addressed to email@example.com.
XVIII. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
XIX. CONTACT INFORMATION
For any questions or comments feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.